Do you ever find yourself reading self-help books, but never actually implementing the strategies you’ve read about?
Maybe you’ve just finished a self-improvement book and are super excited to chat with a friend but….no one else has read it so you have no one to talk to?
If you’re missing out on that special something that makes the advice and knowledge you want to incorporate into your life stick….
We’ve got the answer for you!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The first book we’re reading will be Brené Brown’s newest book Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • A timely and important new book that challenges everything we think we know about cultivating true belonging in our communities, organizations, and culture, from the #1 bestselling author of Rising Strong, Daring Greatly, and The Gifts of Imperfection
You've GOTTA get in on this, ASAP!
How The Book Club Works
How are the books chosen?
Once a month (around the 15th) we pick the book for the next month.
There will be a poll with several books to choose from. The one with the most votes will be the winner!
Where will we meet?
There will be weekly posts made in the #LevelUp Your Career Facebook Group with multiple questions or talking points about individual or multiple chapters.
You can discuss anything you want about the chapter under the corresponding post, answer the questions, and comment on other people’s thoughts, responses, and questions.
We’ll have one big pajama party where we’ll chat about the book face-to-face.
Do your hair, bring your glass of wine, coffee, or tub of ice cream, sit back and relax because it’s gonna be a blast!
What Books Will We Be Reading?
Since this is a brand new book club I thought it best to have some titles prepared until YOU can give enough suggestions to vote on.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime by MJ DeMarco
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2016: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard N. Bolles
- Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life by Michael Port
- Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do by Chris Guillebeau
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal by Oren Klaff
- Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life by Grant Cardone
- How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination by Sally Hogshead
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead by Laszlo Bock
- Rejection Proof: How I Beat Fear and Became Invincible Through 100 Days of Rejection by Jia Jiang
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck by Jon Acuff
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins
- Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want by Michael Hyatt , Daniel Harkavy
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals by Sean Covey , Chris McChesney , Jim Huling
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
What Else Do I Get?
Soooo, reading a great book to improve your life and/or career with a bunch of supportive, amazing, intelligent, and ambitious people isn’t enough for you?
I guess I’m going to channel my inner Oprah and start giving out prizes.
Every month, (those of you subscribed to the mailing list) will be automatically entered into the pool to win a free copy of the next months book.*
As we grow, the prizes will get betterer, and betterer!
How Do I Join?!?
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
To sign up for the book club click HERE!